Is your dancer interested in auditioning for CK's 2023-24 Season of DancElite and ADC ?
We have 18 different competition-level teams for all ages and skill levels! To read more information on CK's DancElite teams, visit here!
View the current season's information packet here: DE Info PaCKet.pdf
Please Note: The attached information packet is from the current season. Next season's packet will be online closer to the audition date.
2023 DANCELITE AUDITION INFORMATION
Audition Prep Classes
Sunday, May 7 - Leaps and Turns with Allison
Audition date & location
Auditions will be held Saturday, May 13 at CK DanceWorks.
DancElite AUDITION TIMES
ADC Audition Times
Additional Audition Information
- Dancers should arrive dressed and ready in dance attire (no jewelry) no more than 10 minutes early to check-in at the back entrance check-in table.
- Dancers will check-in and enter the building through the back entrance.
- After check-in dancers will head in to stretch and warm themselves up. No warm-up will be given during auditions.
- Dancers will go across the floor first, then learn and perform a combo for our panel of judges.
- DancElite Auditions are CLOSED! NO parents or spectators are permitted to enter the building on Saturday May 13 for any reason.
- Dismissal for each age group will be through the front carline. Please be patient as our team gets your child back to your car safely.
- Dancers should show up to audition with a nice and neat appearance: form-fitting apparel (does not have to be ballet attire), hair pulled away from the face, and light, complementary makeup is recommended. No baggy clothing (including sweatshirts) will be allowed in the audition room. No jewelry. No phones. No gum or candy.
- Dancers will need to wear easy to change, layered clothing so that they can quickly change in between auditions if they are attending more than one audition.
- Dancers should wear jazz shoes for the Gems/Prodigy audition and tennis shoes for the ADC audition. The director/judges take former training into consideration.
- Labeled water bottle.
- Dance bags.
- Smartphones, AirPods, and other expensive items.
- Food, candy, sodas.
If you are interested in having your dancer audition for one of our DancElite groups, please fill out the Google form linked here AND register for the appropriate grade level Audition Event under your Parent Portal.
- To audition for any Gems, Prodigy or ADC group, you must sign-up under the “Events tab” through your Jackrabbit Parent Portal, the CK app, or on our website, scroll to the month of May and be sure to choose the appropriate age group.
- Submit the online Google Form to audition located here. Dancers will only need to fill out one audition form even if they audition for multiple groups.
- Pay the $130 DE audition fee.* This fee is a $30 audition fee and a non-refundable $100 deposit that will go toward your first DE payment due by May 25 during registration.
- Parents should be prepared to fully register and accept their dancer’s spot for the selected team by May 25. Please refer to the 2023-24 DancElite packet attached above.
You must register to audition by Friday, May 12th.
ALL existing CKDW accounts must be current to be eligible for the auditions.
**The audition fee includes a deposit that will be applied to your dance account once you accept the spot offered to your dancer. A lot of work goes into planning groups for so many dancers. This fee is used as a deterrent for dancers who audition and do not accept the offered spot due to various circumstances. If your child is not selected for a spot on one of the DancElite or ADC teams, CK will refund the deposit portion of the audition fee(s) paid. There are ABSOLUTELY no refunds otherwise.